At InterNations, we’re dedicated to making expat life a great experience! With more than 3 million members in 420 cities around the world, regular local events, interest-based groups, and useful information, InterNations is the biggest global network for people who live and work abroad. What started as an idea over ten years ago is now changing the lives of expats and global minds around the world each and every day. With a team from around 40 countries, we believe in the benefits of international experience, cultural exchange, and the power of bringing people together. Together we’re constantly growing and learning, coming up with new ways for our members to feel more at home, meet other international people, and enjoy their stay abroad.We offer:
- 28 paid vacation days + special paid leave
- conveniently located office
- regular team events and trips
- Albatross Membership for team members and their partners
- XING Premium membership
- training sessions, team library, cross-departmental projects & exchanges
- support with visa application
- in-house yoga and German classes, discounts for gyms and a tae kwon do studio
At InterNations, you’ll be working in a friendly atmosphere geared to bring out your creativity and independence. With our flat organizational structure, you’ll have a lot of room to pursue your own ideas. If you’re a working parent, you’ll find the flexibility you need to support your work-life balance. Start your work week off on the right foot with a weekly team breakfast and get your creative juices going with a free flow of coffee. When inspiration strikes, bounce around new ideas over a game of table football. And as we value building strong connections between our team members, you can look forward to a regular lunch lottery, language tandems, and an annual team-building activity.
About the Role
We’re looking for smart, curious, and driven people from all backgrounds to be part of our Product Team.
It’s an exciting time to join: we’re creating new product offerings which will significantly enhance the member experience and expand our business.
As a Senior Product Owner
, you will provide leadership in the following areas:Vision:
sensitive to customer requirements with an eye for business opportunities, you will help build the team’s roadmap and improve our product features with your insights. The context you provide will help the team to understand and achieve their goals. Guide:
your collaborative approach and ability to ask the right questions in the right way keeps the team on track. While the business focuses on outcomes, the developers focus on how we get there. You help bring these two tracks together.Champion:
a strong communicator, you can explain not only what we’re doing and how, but also why. You build cohesion by making sure other teams understand the goals behind projects.About the Role
Product Management works in tandem with Development to achieve common goals. We believe in autonomous teams, so you should expect a challenging, cross-functional role that spans UX design, functional specifications, business modeling, guiding A/B experimentation, and defining the KPI’s which the team will use to both measure success and to quickly learn from your users. Essentials:
- Intellectual horsepower: you can think on your feet and successfully tackle tough problems.
- Results-driven: you relish challenges and have a strong natural instinct to finish what you start.
- Passion for learning: you have the ability, curiosity, and motivation to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Collaborative: you always seek to build bridges and find win-win scenarios, earning the trust of others. You have a natural ability to bring people together.
- Data-driven: you believe the path to the best solution begins by asking ‘why?’. You can quickly ascertain which data you do and don’t need, and then use it to inform your decisions. You quickly and competently assess the data at hand, and enjoy working with numbers.
- Growth mindset: passion about being part of a fast-growing start-up and “making it happen”.
Are you the right one for the job?
- a minimum of five years in product management roles, with multiple web or mobile projects executed from concept to release
- solid experience with B2B/backend product definition
- strong working knowledge of multi-platform user experience practices, challenges, and solutions
- excellent project management and execution skills across the full development cycle
- strong understanding of usability and user-centric design practices with high attention to detail
Send us your application (CV and cover letter) today!