At InterNations, we’re dedicated to making expat life a great experience! With more than 3 million members in 420 cities around the world, regular local events, interest-based groups, and useful information, InterNations is the biggest global network for people who live and work abroad. What started as an idea over ten years ago is now changing the lives of expats and global minds around the world each and every day. With a team from around 40 countries, we believe in the benefits of international experience, cultural exchange, and the power of bringing people together. Together we’re constantly growing and learning, coming up with new ways for our members to feel more at home, meet other international people, and enjoy their stay abroad.We offer:
- 28 paid vacation days + special paid leave
- conveniently located office
- regular team events and trips
- Albatross Membership for team members and their partners
- XING Premium membership
- training sessions, team library, cross-departmental projects & exchanges
- support with visa application
- in-house yoga and German classes, discounts for gyms and a tae kwon do studio
At InterNations, you’ll be working in a friendly atmosphere geared to bring out your creativity and independence. With our flat organizational structure, you’ll have a lot of room to pursue your own ideas. If you’re a working parent, you’ll find the flexibility you need to support your work-life balance. Start your work week off on the right foot with a weekly team breakfast and get your creative juices going with a free flow of coffee. When inspiration strikes, bounce around new ideas over a game of table football. And as we value building strong connections between our team members, you can look forward to a regular lunch lottery, language tandems, and an annual team-building activity.
About the Role
It’s an exciting time to join: we’re creating new product offerings which will have a significant impact on InterNations’ growth and expanding our business on a B2B level. With our freemium business model, we have been focusing on the B2C market so far. We have recently created a new business unit to sell our premium membership to international companies. Therefore, we are now looking for a Visual Designer to support our Business Solutions Unit with graphic and visual design.
As a Visual Designer, you will be responsible for creating compelling, engaging, and brand-aligned designs for our corporate communication with internal and external stakeholders, but also for our feature portfolio on the website. You will translate business requirements, user needs, and technical capabilities into designs that are visually exciting, easy to use and understand, and emotionally engaging. You will play an essential role in bringing ideas to life.
We are a company where you can pursue your passion for design across functions, influencing design quality across all aspects of the company.As a Visual Designer at InterNations, you will:
You meet the following requirements:
- develop a good understanding of our product and B2B brand, and the interdependencies between online and print content
- own the visual/UI design of multiple features on the website and be responsible for our corporate design across all channels
- create engaging and informative communication materials for various purposes and stakeholders — from online to print
- be part of product ideation and conceptualize and create wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes to illustrate unrealized possibilities
- collaborate with product management and engineering to take the visual and UX aspects of our product to a new level
- present designs to team members and management, and get them excited about the ideas behind them
- contribute to design guidelines and best practice
- work on a wide variety of projects with a global footprint
Are you the right one for the job?
- minimum of 4 years’ experience working as a corporate/visual designer
- completed design studies or degree in another relevant field
- proficient user of standard design software (Adobe Creative Suite)
- experience with information design and data visualization
- significant experience with customer-facing products
- experience working with fast-paced, lean, and agile delivery processes
- extensive knowledge of wireframes and prototyping (Sketch knowledge a plus)
- experience in user testing is a plus
- sense for typography, sound aesthetic sense & creativity
- reliability and ability to multi-task, prioritize, and organize your workflow
- strong problem-solving skills and a “get-things-done” attitude
- fluency in English
Send us your application (CV and cover letter) today!
A comprehensive portfolio is an essential piece of any application. Applicants who do not include a PDF or URL with work samples unfortunately cannot be considered. Please ensure that your portfolio describes your role in each project.