At InterNations, we’re dedicated to making expat life a great experience! With about 3 million members in 390 cities around the world, regular local events, interest-based groups, and useful information, InterNations is the biggest global network for people who live and work abroad. What started as an idea over ten years ago is now changing the lives of expats and global minds around the world each and every day. With a team from over 30 countries, we believe in the benefits of international experience, cultural exchange, and the power of bringing people together. Together we’re constantly growing and learning, coming up with new ways for our members to feel more at home, meet other international people, and enjoy their stay abroad.We offer:
Are you the right one for our team?
- a growing, dynamic company with an international team
- a friendly atmosphere and the space to pursue your ideas
- regular workshops about work-related topics and soft skills
- independent projects and training sessions for interns
- weekly team breakfasts, fresh fruit, and regular team events
Then send us your application (CV and cover letter) today!
About the Role
Our Mobile Apps team is responsible for building and maintaining mobile applications at InterNations, a platform with more than 3 million global users. We build for iOS and Android simultaneously, using React Native.
As a part of the greater engineering organization, you will lead and take part in cross-team initiatives: architectural changes, refactoring, and the establishment of best practices. You will be mentoring less experienced colleagues and support their growth, familiarity with app development, and software engineering best practices.What we are looking for:
What we value:
- Strong experience developing, deploying, monitoring, and maintaining native iOS and Android applications
- Experience building applications using React Native or React
- Experience with automated testing, be it unit-, functional- and/or acceptance testing
- A passion for software engineering best practices in a SCRUM/agile environment
Technologies we use:
- User testing, experimentation, automated testing and continuous integration to gain meaningful feedback for what we do
- Bettering our skills, teaching each other and learning ways to build better software
- Sharing knowledge and experience within the organization and in the community
React Native, iOS/Android, Flow, Redux, Redux-Saga, JestMore information about our apps:
If you would like to see more information about how we build with React Native at InterNations, you can watch this presentation
Then start the conversation by sending in your application in today. Don’t forget to include your CV, a cover letter, a possible start date and your salary expectation. Tell us about past projects you contributed to and are proud of. We also like to hear about what kind of work environment you thrive in and what technologies you find interesting right now.