At InterNations, we’re dedicated to making expat life a great experience! With more than 3 million members in 420 cities around the world, regular local events, interest-based groups, and useful information, InterNations is the biggest global network for people who live and work abroad. What started as an idea over ten years ago is now changing the lives of expats and global minds around the world each and every day. With a team from around 40 countries, we believe in the benefits of international experience, cultural exchange, and the power of bringing people together. Together we’re constantly growing and learning, coming up with new ways for our members to feel more at home, meet other international people, and enjoy their stay abroad.We offer:
Are you the right one for our team?
- a growing, dynamic company with an international team
- a friendly atmosphere and the space to pursue your ideas
- regular workshops about work-related topics and soft skills
- independent projects and training sessions for interns
- weekly team breakfasts, fresh fruit, and regular team events
Then send us your application (CV and cover letter) today!
About the Role
It’s an exciting time to join: in line with our mission to make expat life a great experience, we plan to build up a services platform which will help expats to relocate internationally. Finding the right expat service provider is challenging for expats as there are many small-scale providers, with little transparency about the quality of the services. We will digitalize and disrupt this market in order to support people who move internationally and to further expand our business.
If you have always dreamed of starting up your own company, of developing an innovative online product — then this is your chance. We will provide you with an entrepreneurial setting that allows you to build a new business unit while having access to funding, as well as our resources and expertise.
As an Entrepreneur in Residence at InterNations, you will:
- develop the business development strategy for an InterNations Services platform and derive related product, marketing, and supply-side strategy
- set up a pilot together with a dedicated scrum team and set up first tests to validate the product concept
- set up a network of expat service providers to offer services to clients acquired online
- manage the operating processes, define objectives, and monitor all relevant KPIs
- recruit and lead your own business unit team, working directly together with InterNations’ Co-CEOs
You meet the following requirements:
- university qualification in business or equivalent degree
- experience in internet-based business models and/or consulting
- proven track record in successfully bringing (online) products to market
- experience in building and leading a team
- fluency in written and spoken English
- very good business acumen paired with strong strategic, conceptual, and analytical skills
- ability to work independently, pairing out-of-the-box ideas with a highly flexible approach
- strong personal identification with the target audience, including expat experience of your own
- know-how about the relocation industry and market structure a plus
You can expect:
- a diversified job profile with a high degree of responsibility and independence
- access to budget and resources needed for building up new business
- the opportunity to benefit financially from the success of the new business