At InterNations, we’re dedicated to making expat life a great experience! With more than 3 million members in 420 cities around the world, regular local events, interest-based groups, and useful information, InterNations is the biggest global network for people who live and work abroad. What started as an idea over ten years ago is now changing the lives of expats and global minds around the world each and every day. With a team from around 40 countries, we believe in the benefits of international experience, cultural exchange, and the power of bringing people together. Together we’re constantly growing and learning, coming up with new ways for our members to feel more at home, meet other international people, and enjoy their stay abroad.We offer:
Are you the right one for our team?
- a growing, dynamic company with an international team
- a friendly atmosphere and the space to pursue your ideas
- regular workshops about work-related topics and soft skills
- independent projects and training sessions for interns
- weekly team breakfasts, fresh fruit, and regular team events
Then send us your application (CV and cover letter) today!
About the Role
The User Experience Lead guides the product development process during the discovery phase from user research to prototyping, collaborating with the Product Teams to create compelling, engaging, and brand-aligned solutions for our members across both our website and mobile apps. You translate business requirements, user needs, and technical capabilities into interfaces and designs that are easy to use, visually exciting, and emotionally engaging. You play an essential role in bringing ideas to life.
We’re looking for someone who wants to take charge of their own development. You’re looking for a company where you can pursue your passion for UX design across functions, influencing design quality across all aspects of the company.
As a User Experience Lead at InterNations you will:
- participate in product ideation and concept development from the start
- own the UX of multiple features on our responsive web platform and mobile apps
- translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
- perform both quantitative data analysis and qualitative user research
- support the visual designers in turning wireframes into high fidelity visual designs in line with our brand and style patterns
- collaborate with product management and engineering to take the UX of our product to the next level
- contribute to design guidelines and best practice for peers
- work on a wide variety of projects with a global footprint
- manage third party design agency relationship and deliverables
You meet the following requirements:
- a minimum of five years’ experience with user experience design and customer-facing products
- strong understanding of and experience with different research methods
- extensive knowledge of wireframing and prototyping tools
- completed design studies (or similar education), including interaction design
- relevant portfolio of web and mobile interface designs
- strong affinity for the latest trends in app design and interface concepts
- experience working with fast-paced, lean, and agile delivery processes
- strong problem-solving skills and a “get-things-done” attitude
- outstanding team player with good communication skills
- leadership experience is a plus
A comprehensive portfolio is an essential piece of any application. Unfortunately, applicants who do not include a PDF or URL with work samples cannot be considered. Please ensure that your portfolio describes your role in each project.