At InterNations, we’re dedicated to making expat life a great experience! With about 3 million members in 390 cities around the world, regular local events, interest-based groups, and useful information, InterNations is the biggest global network for people who live and work abroad. What started as an idea over ten years ago is now changing the lives of expats and global minds around the world each and every day. With a team from over 30 countries, we believe in the benefits of international experience, cultural exchange, and the power of bringing people together. Together we’re constantly growing and learning, coming up with new ways for our members to feel more at home, meet other international people, and enjoy their stay abroad.We offer:
Are you the right one for our team?
- a growing, dynamic company with an international team
- a friendly atmosphere and the space to pursue your ideas
- regular workshops about work-related topics and soft skills
- independent projects and training sessions for interns
- weekly team breakfasts, fresh fruit, and regular team events
Then send us your application (CV and cover letter) today!
About the Role
Our engineering teams architect, develop, and test our products. As a Senior Frontend Developer, your mission is to build awesome user interfaces for our platform which serves millions of views monthly. At InterNations you will contribute to connecting global minds and making expat life a great experience.What we are looking for:
As part of the greater Engineering Department, you will expand and improve our Pattern Library of UI components towards consistency and reusability. You will lead and take part in cross-team initiatives: architectural changes, refactoring, and establishment of best practices. You will be mentoring less experienced colleagues and support their growth.
What we value:
- a passion for UI consistency
- a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience as a frontend developer
- experience with automated testing, be it unit, functional and/or acceptance testing
Technologies we use:
- developing our skills, teaching each other, and learning ways to build better software
- user testing, experimentation, automated testing, and continuous integration to gain meaningful feedback for what we do
- strong display of engineering discipline and rigor
- fostering collaboration
React, Backbone, Twig, Jest, Karma, React Native, Webpack, Flow, Less
Sounds interesting? Then start the conversation by telling us about past projects you contributed to and are proud of. We also like to hear about what kind of work environment you thrive in and what technologies you find interesting right now.